Tuesday, October 28, 2008

AN UNFORGETTABLE EXPERIANCE - BARACK OBAMA VISIT TO VIRGINIA!

The brisk cold weather caused everyone to bundle up while waiting so anxiously in a long line that wrapped around downtown Norfolk and Harbor Park for miles. At that moment, I’ve already began to see change.

The line got longer, and the wind blew that much more, resulting to it getting colder, but that did not stop people from coming and it most definitely did not push anyone away. On every corner or stop, someone was either selling Obama T-shirts, cups, car magnets, hats, buttons, etc. People proudly represented and showed their support for Obama in so many ways! The time slowly passed us by but it was all worth the wait. Everyone waited patiently in line, excited at the highest level. The sound of everyone talking and laughing with one another just made me feel like I was in the right place. We then started to finally approach Harbor Park after being in line for so long to the point that you couldn’t even see Harbor Park at all. The line was backed up to Granby Street.

After being in line for a hour and a half, everyone begun to get hype as we were able to see Harbor Park, We made it, we got in finally! We then waited an additional forty five minutes for Obama’s arrival. I noticed all the snipers on the roof tops, top notch security, helicopters hubbering the area, and police in boats, not to mention Norfolk police department EVERYWHERE! I was thinking to myself, “This shit is real!”

The moment had finally introduced itself to what we all had been waiting for. The crowd went wild and cheered as Barack Obama walked out to introduce himself, but of course, we all know Obama! It took a while for the crowd to settle down but it was a wonderful sight and unforgettable experience. As he began to speak, the crowd settled to listen in on all the important aspects of the economy’s down fall and his plans to get it back on track, the need in better health care, giving tax breaks to 95% of hard working citizens, better education for our children, cutting back on taxes and the plan he had for Wall Street. He was very dedicated and put all of us at ease in a high hope for change! While covering all the important aspects, he had charm and added a little humor that kept everyone laughing. As Obama’s speech came to an end, everyone was so hype, energetic, motivated, and COLD!!! He left us to believe in CHANGE and that it will only start by electing him as the president of the United States.

I must admit, this has been one of the best experiences in my life thus far and I wouldn‘t trade this experience for nothing in this world. I have been apart of history and this will be an experience that I will be able to tell my children and grandchildren. I stood in line for a hour and a half, nervous and thinking that I would not be able to get in. I never seen so many people in my life to attend one event. This rally made me feel so motivated and highly anticipated on the fact that Barack Obama will be the President of the United States. WE NEED CHANGE!!!!!

I hope everyone get out and vote on election day, November 4, 2008! We need change and you have the ability to help make that change. VOTE FOR BARACK OBAMA!!!!!

Written by Crystal S Jacobs - Poet/Author

No comments: